Please join me for the upcoming MLA Webcast, Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 @ 11:00am-12:30pm, hosted at A.T. Still University in Mesa. This webcast has been sponsored in our area by the NN/LM PSR.
- Review the great agenda topics below!
- Lunch will be provided and a CABL meeting will follow the webcast.
- RSVP NOW to email@example.com
MLA’s Educational Webcast: http://www.mlanet.org/education/distance_ed/skills/index.html
Shifting Skills to Navigate the Changing Horizon: Finding Our Way in New Biomedical Research and Health Care Environments
Part I: Overview of the Changing Horizon: Brief history, Definitions and Driving Forces (e.g. funding sources, legal requirements)
New data sharing – data sharing in the cloud
- Data curation
- Mandates for public access to data (NSF, NIH data sharing plans)
- Scholarly communications / scholarly publishing
- Institutional, domain, researcher repositories
- How institutions play a role
- Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs)
- Building collaboration, new roles for researchers
- Systematic reviews and librarians
- What is the role of the library?
- How to locate and be involved
- Electronic Health Records (Meaningful use)
- Look at changing requirements
- Consumer information
- MedlinePlus Connect and other patient-integrated tools
- HL7 info buttons, integrating clinical resources into the EHR
- How to talk to vendors
- Regional Extension Centers
- Community College training networks – new jobs, skills Continue reading