Save the date for the next MLA Webinar. I am waiting on confirmation of funding from PRSML. Amy Nadell will host at Fortis College at 555 North 18th Street, Suite 110.
PRELIMINARY Agenda is here.
Connecting E-science and Team Science: The Changing Nature of Research
Friday, November 18, 2011, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., Central time
11:00a.m., Pacific Time
12:00 p.m., Arizona Time
9:00a.m., Hawaii-Aleutian Time
5:00 a.m. Saturday in Guam
Wraparound discussion session I Allow 1/2 hour prior to start of program
Connecting E-science and Team Science Webinar 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time
Please save the date for the next CABL meeting on your calendar. Hannah Fisher from the University of Arizona will be speaking on the history of nursing. Read about Hannah here: http://lqp.arizona.edu/node/3199
- Date: Thursday, October 20th
- Time: 2pm-3pm Hannah Fisher presents “History of Nursing
- 3pm-4pm: CABL Meeting
- Location: Banner Desert Medical Center, Ironwood Room
The meeting will be held in the Ironwood room. http://www.bhmaps.com/Desert/parkMap.php?b=C&d=IRON&tm=0&a=0 is a map of campus. Parking is available on the 3rd and 4th floors of the 1432 building parking garage which is circled. There is additional parking in the green parking garage. Valet parking is available at the main entrance.
RSVP to Nita at email@example.com
Hannah’s bibliography is here.
Please join me for the upcoming MLA Webcast, Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 @ 11:00am-12:30pm, hosted at A.T. Still University in Mesa. This webcast has been sponsored in our area by the NN/LM PSR.
- Review the great agenda topics below!
- Lunch will be provided and a CABL meeting will follow the webcast.
- RSVP NOW to firstname.lastname@example.org
MLA’s Educational Webcast: http://www.mlanet.org/education/distance_ed/skills/index.html
Shifting Skills to Navigate the Changing Horizon: Finding Our Way in New Biomedical Research and Health Care Environments
Part I: Overview of the Changing Horizon: Brief history, Definitions and Driving Forces (e.g. funding sources, legal requirements)
New data sharing – data sharing in the cloud
- Data curation
- Mandates for public access to data (NSF, NIH data sharing plans)
- Scholarly communications / scholarly publishing
- Institutional, domain, researcher repositories
- How institutions play a role
- Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs)
- Building collaboration, new roles for researchers
- Systematic reviews and librarians
- What is the role of the library?
- How to locate and be involved
- Electronic Health Records (Meaningful use)
- Look at changing requirements
- Consumer information
- MedlinePlus Connect and other patient-integrated tools
- HL7 info buttons, integrating clinical resources into the EHR
- How to talk to vendors
- Regional Extension Centers
- Community College training networks – new jobs, skills Continue reading