CABL Mission Statement
The purpose of CABL is:
- to provide and promote continuing education and professional development for its members
- to promote collaboration and cooperation among regional medical, health science, and allied health libraries
- to facilitate the development and sharing of member library resources
The Central Arizona Biomedical Libraries extends to you the rewards of membership. We are librarians, library assistants, paraprofessionals, retirees and fans who are interested in furthering our knowledge of medical librarianship. Meetings occur at least four (4) times per year with programs about a variety of issues related to library collaboration and medical and health sciences libraries and librarianship.
CABL members are primarily found in Maricopa County and north, but all Arizona libraries are invited to join us when schedules permit. We are exploring methods of hosting distance meetings, those that can be attended remotely, as well.
Read more about the history of CABL here.
Among the benefits of membership are:
- Email listserv to enhance communication among CABL members.
- Networking with colleagues – CABL membership is a great professional resource and networking catalyst for all those working in area health sciences libraries.
- Sponsorship of continuing education courses, guest speakers, and seminars.
- Networking Events.
- Cooperation among members/institutions.
- Meetings are held at libraries throughout the Phoenix valley, providing unique opportunities to tour libraries.
To join, please complete the CABL Membership form, mail it to the address on the form, and include a check made out to CABL.
We accept payment via paypal as well. Email the treasurer for an invoice to be emailed to you.
If you have questions regarding membership, please email the CABL Treasurer, Janene Wandersee at email@example.com