CABL Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Debra Schneider, HonorHealth, Scottsdale
- Cinda McClain, Banner Health
- Hal Bright, A. T. Still University, Mesa
- Kathleen Carlson, University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix Library
- Nancy Showalter, Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix
- Lisa Marks, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale
- Amy Nadell, Fortis College
- Billie White, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Phoenix
CABL President Deb Schneider called the meeting to order at 12:48 p.m.
Cinda McClain cited these changes to the draft of the minutes of the December 2, 2016 meeting:
- Change the day of the meeting to Friday instead of Thursday.
- Change the hospital name for Sue Espe, Kathleen Shepler and Nancy Showalter; the name should read: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
- Kevin Pardon’s listing should be moved to the line below Amy Nadell’s listing.
- Item 3 under New Business should read: Deb Schneider obtained funding from PSR for the MLA webinar on 12/8/2016.
Amy Nadell moved that the minutes be approved as proposed and Cinda McClain seconded.
- Deb Schneider reported since Janene Wandersee was unable to attend.
- CABL has gained some new members since December. CABL’s bank account balance was $3435.77 as of December 31, 2016.
- There will be a report on membership/directory progress by the end of April of 2017; it will be included in the next Treasurer’s report. The CABL directory will be published by then.
- There was no outreach report.
- Deb reported that April Aguinaga is still uploading minutes and notes to the CABL Archive. Hal suggested that the Archive page needs to have a summary statement explaining the purpose of CABL.
- Library tour in 2017
Deb reported that two possible tours suggested at the Executive meeting were the Musical Instrument Museum and Taliesin West. Hal informed the group that the Musical Instrument Museum has no library, and Taliesin West has a volunteer librarian. We agreed to send an email to CABL members asking for suggestions for library tours this year.
- SLA in Phoenix in June
Deb reported that full payment would be required for CABL to have a booth at SLA, and the cost would be prohibitive. Cinda reported that there are three levels of payment for the conference: member, non-member and EXPO-only attendee. She said that the conference rate for members is $585 through March 31, and it costs $200 to join SLA. Deb reported that Sue Espe had located an SLA contact– who informed us that CABL members would be welcome to volunteer at the conference if they were also SLA members. Deb reported that Kay Deeney indicated that NNLM will not be attending SLA, so CABL will not be represented formally at the SLA conference.
We discussed options such as MLA attendees obtaining exhibitor passes to SLA to distribute to CABL members; Cinda will send us a link to the list of SLA exhibitors, since she is a local member.
Deb reported that she had contacted Rebecca Swift with our congratulations on her new position, and she said that Rebecca will remain a CABL member for the rest of the year.
Rebecca is now a librarian at Central Arizona College.
Medical Library Association
Seattle, Washington May 26 – 31, 2017
Phoenix, Arizona June 16 -20, 2017
Nursing Research Festival
HonorHealth’s Brady Conference Center on Shea August 11, 2017
MLGSCA – NCNMLG Joint Conference
Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort January 21 – 25, 2018
Lisa Marks reported that Mayo Clinic Arizona will welcome the first students at their new medical school in July of 2017. She said that the research library had been renovated.
Kathleen Carlson provided an update on the AHIP credentialing rules.
Deb expressed our appreciation to Amy for hosting the webinar and CABL meeting.
Kathleen Carlson motioned to adjourn the meeting; Hal seconded and the meeting was adjourned at 1:27 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Nancy Showalter, present at the meeting.